David Carson style album release poster


I read a few interviews & spent some hours looking at David Carson's work before I started this project for History of Graphic Design. He said two things that stuck with me "If I take a roll and get back two that are any good, that's a pretty high percentage." & something to the effect of that he places type until it feels right, he feels the project. I tried to incorporate that into this design. I used a picture I took of chicken boiling in the pot while shaking the camera slightly to give it a more out of focus feel. I also used the photo as is, much like Carson's photography. He doesn't touch up his photos. I also played with different typefaces, both serif & sans serif until it felt right to me. I used one of my favorite albums "God Fodder" by Ned's Atomic Dustbin. They rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment